Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Movie Months

Good movies do not come out in September, October, or November. The best a movie can hope to be in these months is to be average. So I don’t watch as many movies in these months as I do in the summer time. The only exception are seasonal movies for Halloween and Christmas (which sometimes come out at the end of November for some reason). Paranormal Activity 2 is coming out this Halloween. I can’t wait. I need a good laugh.


August is supposed to be the dumping ground for the summer movies not good enough to be in the real summer months of May, June, and July. I was surprised by the quality of this years August movies. The Other Guys and Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World are both awesome movies.


If you are like me and enjoy really horrible movies then the best time of year for this is January, February, and March. These months are so far away from awards season that the studios put out all the crap that doesn’t stand a chance.


Oscar bate comes out in December.


Please note that Oscar bate does not equal good movie. In fact, it’s usually the opposite.


The point of telling you all this is that now that summer movies are over I won’t be writing as many reviews.


That being said, (Your welcome SGSers) I am going to see Takers tonight. A movie with Paul Walker and Hayden Christensen so you know it’s going to be golden.

2 comments:

  1. What about all of your full reviews from the last posts? I'm waiting on them Tyler. Don't let me down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll get it done. I promise at least one today.

    ReplyDelete